Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

We woke to rain this morning, but compared to what others in the country are facing, it really wasn't so bad after all. Tim had to work a few hours at the golf course and then we had a lovely lupper at Daryl and Carol's house, along with her mom, Emily. Everything was delicious except for my attempt at Apple Pecan Cheesecake. I'm blaming the recipe, but that's just me passing the buck since my co-worker, Erin, made it from the same recipe and hers was SPECTACULAR.

All in all, we had a lovely day and are now settling in before the after- Christmas bargain shopping begins tomorrow. The dogs have been very crazy today and driving us nuts, which reminded me of this short poem...

WHEN I GOT MY NEW DOG

I asked for strength that I might rear him perfectly;
I was given weakness that I might feed him more treats.

I asked for good health that I might rest easy;
I was given a 'special needs' dog that I might know nurturing.

I asked for an obedient dog that I might feel proud;
I was given stubbornness that I might feel humble.

I asked for compliance that I might feel masterful;
I was given a clown that I might laugh.

I asked for a companion that I might not feel lonely;
I was given a best friend that I would feel loved.

I got nothing I asked for,
But everything that I needed.

Author Unknown

No comments: